Focus Your Sales Efforts
Here is some expert advice on how to keep your sales
efforts focused for best results.
- Eliminate bargain hunters by raising the price.
Keeping your price high conveys a message that your
product or service is the best of its kind.
- Shrink the territory. This will make your sales
- Get the mail out. Write to the people who would
use the product as well as to those who would make the
final buying decision.
- Work the phones systematically. The more phone
calls you make, the better. Start with a small number,
such as 6 phone calls an hour, and try to reach, say,
100 calls a day. It usually takes at least 10 calls
to make a sale.
- Get your prospects organized. A desk with 120
prospect folders is too cluttered. Choose the 10 most
likely to close and place a green dot on them. A red
dot on a folder will mean you have a commitment but
no check yet. Your goal will be to convert three green
dots to red every month and to follow up on the red-dot
From: Inc. Magazine, Dec 1991 | By: Teri Lammers